The Royal Canadian College of Organists in Edmonton is pleased to provide up to ten scholarships as well as a bursary/discretionary scholarship that provides funds for working organists, students and those curious about the organ to study or take part in other educational opportunities.
- The four to five Beginning Organist scholarships are open to any pianist at the Grade 8 level or beyond who is curious about the organ. Each scholarship provides organ lessons with a local organ teacher (privately or at an institution).
- The Arnold Rumbold Bursary/Discretionary Scholarship is available to a student who had received a Beginning Organist Scholarship, completed the lessons and successfully demonstrates financial need. Study is to be undertaken within the Edmonton Centre.
- The Eileen Gordon-Bishop Scholarship is aimed at working organists who wish to further their studies or take advantage of a workshop or other opportunity to improve their playing.
- The Bert Mulder Scholarship for Church Organists enables organists, who are actively engaged as church organists, to further their studies of the instrument at any level.
- The Harry Farmer Scholarship is aimed at more advanced organ students to assist them with continuing studies or other educational opportunities related to the organ.
- The Arnold Rumbold Scholarship for Performance Excellence is to be used for advanced organ study within the Edmonton Centre.
- The George Rumbold Scholarship for Performance Excellence is to be used for advanced organ study within the Edmonton Centre.
The process consists of a written application followed by an audition and brief interview with the Scholarship committee. Auditions generally take place in November each year, depending on the availability of the committee members and an appropriate venue.
The scholarship program is donor driven with endowments from the late Reg Jacka, the late Stewart Bishop, Bert Mulder, Arnold Rumbold and the Farmer family as well as funds from the RCCO National’s College Development Fund and individual donors. We welcome all donations to the scholarship program.
THE YEARLY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 31 WITH AUDITIONS IN LATE NOVEMBER
For more information, email us at: EdmRCCO@gmail.com
For the current requirements for auditioning and the application form: