RCCO Edmonton Scholarship Program
Revised Document, approved by the Edmonton RCCO Board March 2019
The Royal Canadian College of Organists in Edmonton is pleased to provide up to ten scholarships as well as a bursary/discretionary scholarship that provides funds for working organists, students and those curious about the organ to study or take part in other educational opportunities. All study will be taken in Edmonton with qualified organ instructors who are members of the RCCO Edmonton – either privately or at one of the Edmonton universities. The only exceptions are the Eileen Gordon-Bishop Scholarship and Harry Farmer Scholarship, which also allow the money to be used for an RCCO National Convention or advanced organ workshops.
- The four to five Beginning Organist scholarships are open to any pianist at the Grade 8 level or beyond who is curious about the organ. Each scholarship provides organ lessons in Edmonton by a qualified RCCO Edmonton organ teacher (privately or at an Edmonton university.
- The Arnold Rumbold Bursary/Discretionary Scholarship is available to a student who had received a Beginning Organist Scholarship, completed the lessons and successfully demonstrates financial need. Study is to be undertaken in Edmonton with a qualified RCCO Edmonton instructor.
- The Eileen Gordon-Bishop Scholarship is aimed at working organists who wish to further their studies with a qualified RCCO Edmonton instructor (privately or at one of the Edmonton universities). This scholarship may also be used to attend an RCCO National Convention or advanced organ workshops.
- The Bert Mulder Scholarship for Church Organists enables organists, who are actively engaged as church organists, to further their studies of the instrument at any level with a qualified RCCO Edmonton instructor (privately or at one of the Edmonton universities).
- The Harry Farmer Scholarship is aimed at more advanced organ students to assist them with continuing studies or other educational opportunities in Edmonton related to the organ.
- The Arnold Rumbold Scholarship for Performance Excellence is to be used for advanced organ study within the Edmonton Centre.
- The George Rumbold Scholarship for Performance Excellence is to be used for advanced organ study within the Edmonton Centre.
The process consists of a written application followed by an audition and brief interview with the Scholarship committee. Auditions generally take place in November each year, depending on the availability of the committee members and an appropriate venue.
The scholarship program is donor driven with endowments from the late Reg Jacka, the late Stewart Bishop, Bert Mulder, Arnold Rumbold and the Farmer family as well as funds from the RCCO National’s College Development Fund and individual donors. We welcome all donations to the scholarship program.
THE YEARLY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 31 WITH AUDITIONS IN LATE NOVEMBER
For more information, email us at: EdmRCCO@gmail.com